Summer is, by far, my most favorite time of year. Each day brings something new and special amid the sweet air and warm breezes. This year, I am trying to live in the moment as much as possible, taking it all in, and just simply enjoying each memory that the Summer of 2015 gives to me.
For today’s entry, I thought I’d share the 5 best parts of July for me so far. Obviously July 10 had it’s own significance, as I wrote about in my last entry, so I am choosing 5 additional things to focus on. Half of July is over, and if I could slow down time, I certainly would, and I am so grateful for each summer moment.
1. July 4: I went up to the beach with my family and watched the fireworks for the first time in years. It was wonderful to be with my brother, sister-in-law, nephews, mom and other family members, and hopefully a new, yearly tradition started this year.
2. Watching my niece during her surf camp. I’ve always loved surfing and have wanted to try it since I was young. I actually hoped to learn to surf this summer, but recent surgery and medical issues made me postpone this goal until next year. Watching my niece ride the waves with no fear and sheer joy was amazing, and I don’t know whether she, at 12 years old, realizes how much she has inspired me to cross this off my bucket list.
3. Summer fruits, especially blueberries! I have picked about 10 quarts of blueberries from our bushes. I have also enjoyed the nectarines, pluots, watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew that summer brings.
4. Sand between my toes, and a shell in my pocket. Just a quick 5 minute stroll on the beach as day morphs into evening is enough to recharge me.
5. Time spent with people I care about, laughing with and enjoying each other’s company. Whether I was at a bridal shower, lunch, walking downtown, or breakfast, I am thankful for the awesome people in my life.
I would love to SEA your favorite memory from July, so please comment and tell me all about it.
Sometime today, stop for a moment and take it all in with a deep breath.
Until Next Time,