As you probably already know, I started an annual tradition last year of listing 10 things I want to accomplish within my birthday year. The decision to make this list stemmed from deciding to live versus watching life pass me by. After much thought and careful consideration, I present to you my list of things I intend to accomplish while I am 45:
- Watch a sunrise in all 4 seasons
- Learn to surf by taking lessons with my niece
- See at least 2 new places a month. These places are on my “hope to visit” list: Grounds for Sculpture, the Liberty bell, the NJ Balloon festival, Red Bank, 9-11 Reflection Pool/Memorial/Museum, Sea Girt Lighthouse, Hereford Inlet Lighthouse, Old Barracks, Belford Docks, Tuckerton Seaport, Sayen Gardens, NJ Vintage Automobile Museum (it’s right here in town!)
- Finish writing two books
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
- See The Cure in June at MSG
- Have firm plans to travel to Ireland and/or Iceland by the end of 2017
- Go to the Point Pleasant Beach Grand Prix powerboat weekend and race
- Take each one of my 3 nephews and niece on a “mystery day” with Auntie Jill, and spend time with each and make them laugh a million times throughout the year
- LIVE! Just life and enjoy life without taking it too seriously. Included here will be trips to Six Flags, hopefully a NY Yankees game, return visits to other special places, laughing with friends, etc.
I will be making this list a stand-alone category in my menus. I plan on updating my progress throughout the year, so please check back!